Hi! I’m Deborah Robinson. Come on in and sit a spell! We love having conversations where we can encourage each other in our faith while we discuss raising livestock, homeschooling, and natural living on a ranching homestead! We might even have some pictures from our latest living history event to share. Would you like a cup of hand roasted coffee or do you prefer herbal tea?
In this picture you’ll see three of our children. This was taken several years ago, but it’s one of my favorites. Channa, on the right, has her own business raising and training horses, mainly Gypsy Cobs, and Jack Russell Terriers. Caraline, on the left, is married now and has her own little girl. Her family has a great start to their little homestead. Then, there’s Craig, our caboose.
What you can expect from us…
- Support – I have set up several support systems for you whether you are one of our customers, a student in the learning center, or following us here on the (future) blog or on social media. Whether you buy a Charolais bull from our ranching homestead or some of our essential oils, soaps, or salves, we are here for you! Here’s a summary of all the things we offer at this time.
- Authenticity, Honesty and Integrity – What you see is what you get. I humbly offer up my knowledge of using essential oils and herbs, a ranching homestead, homeschooling, and running a business from home. However, I want you to know up front we use an integrative approach here on our place. Ahem! Ranching husbands anyone? Yes, we do use traditional methods on our place as we work in natural more holistic methods as much as possible. That brings me to the next point…
- Realistic expections – It breaks my heart every time I hear someone say…”Oh, I could never do that.” Or, “I just don’t have enough time.” You know why I think this happens? We have a preconceived idea of what a homestead or ranch is and is not. We compare ourselves to others and decide we don’t have enough time or money (or land) to be able to grow even a portion of our own food. Well, it’s time to get over ourselves for sure. I’m going to help you get some breakthrough here. Your homestead is where your heart is…your homeplace…the place you call home and raise your family. So, let’s stop comparing ourselves to others. Are you with me?
- Good Sense of Humor – This is a non-negotiable. We must stop taking ourselves so seriously. Really. Plus, you need a good sense of humor if you’re going to raise animals. Right?
- Last but not least…a fun living history event to attend every year in January with the possibility of an additional event coming soon!!