It’s time to register for our next Pineywoods Living History event at Salmon Lake!! Thank you so much for your patience as we have experienced some growing pains. You’re going to love what we have planned for you! Plus, we have managed to gather all the details in one place here on this website. Pictures from previous events coming soon! We will update this page as we get closer to the event with additional details too.
Saturday, January 8, 2022
- Living History – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. We have a timeline for demonstrations coming soon. Dance Practice at 1:00 pm
- New Year’s Dance and Social – Light meal and social starts at 6 p.m., followed by the dance.
You can come out just for the day or stay for the 10th Anniversary of our New Year’s Dance and Social.
- Day Pass – Demonstrations during the day include period dancing, blacksmithing, family life, who wore what, mountain men skills and much more. There will be a timeline of sorts ranging from the colonial period to 1865. Demonstrators will have items available for sale and there will be an opportunity to purchase snacks. You can mill around and visit at your own pace as well as follow the schedule for demonstrations scheduled for certain time slots. If you’re only coming out for the day, you will pay at the gate.
- New Year’s Dance and Social – Come out to the living history during the day and then dress up for our evening dance and enjoy the music and fellowship with us. Light meal is included. If you can only make the Dance and Social that’s good too. We would love to see you! (More details under Guest Registration. Be sure to register for the event in advance.)
Salmon Lake Park in Grapeland, Texas. This is a wonderful, family friendly environment and perfect for our event. If you need overnight accommodations you will want to make your reservations with the park. (If you are reenactor/demonstrator in a canvas tent, you will make other arrangements.)
- Day Pass Only for Adults and children 6 and up: $5
- New Year’s Dance and Social (includes complimentary Day Pass):
- $15 Adults
- $8 Children 6-12
- All tickets free for children 5 and under when accompanied by a parent
- Register for the event by Wednesday, January 5th!! After that date, registration will close. If we have tickets available at the gate there will be a price increase. Be sure to register asap so we can have enough food for everyone.
- Demonstrators/Reenactors see registration information below
How to Register for the Event:
Day Pass – collected by Salmon Lake Park at the gate the day of the event
Guests for the Living History AND the New Year’s Dance and Social Registration
Demonstrators and Reenactors only Registration
Coordinating these events each year has become a passion project of mine. Events like this are becoming few and far between. What a blessing to be able to give back to our community and share our love of history and this old-fashioned way of socializing and providing learning opportunities. Be sure to Subscribe to our website in order to receive email updates about the event.
If you have any questions, you can leave us a comment below or use the Contact Form.
See you in January!